Blepharoplasty can be both a functional and cosmetic surgical procedure intended to reshape the upper eyelid or lower eyelid by the removal or repositioning of excess tissue as well as by reinforcement of surrounding muscles and tendons.
- Eyelids (and your eyes) are, perhaps, what other people notice originally.
- Eyelid surgery to improve the appearance of the eyelids is often called 'eyelift' or 'blepharoplasty'.
- As we age, your eyelids (both upper and lower) might become 'droopy' or 'baggy'. The eyelid skin stretches and muscle tone weakens
- In addition, your eyebrows might also droop.
- Your droopy upper eyelids and droopy brows might give you the appearance of being sleepy, tired and aging prematurely
- In addition, this sagging, might lead to brow/eyelid strain
- Excess skin can hang over the eyelid and interfere with vision